What information do we collect? We collect personal information about you, such as your name, birth date, email address, and telephone number, if you choose to provide it to us. This happens when you register for an account, enter a contest, contact us, or use our services. If you purchase products from us using our website, we will receive your credit card information so we can fulfill your order. None of this is required, so please do not engage in any of these activities if you do not want us to have this information. However, we may not be able to provide you with some services if you choose not to provide us with your personal data.
If you apply for employment with us, we will collect additional personal data, such as your employment history, educational background, and other work-related information.
How do we use your information? We will use your information for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- to provide the services or products you’ve ordered;
- to send you information about our company or products;
- to answer questions you’ve asked;
- for internal business purposes such as optimizing your experience on our site, analyzing our business, and maintaining appropriate records;
- to contact you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, contests, questions, products, events, promotional purposes, or other requests for information;
- for other legal purposes.
We share your personal information in the following ways:
- with our Ajinomoto affiliates;
- with our business partners and third-party service providers;
- when necessary to comply with a request from law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies;
- if we transfer or merge our business;
- as necessary to protect the privacy and safety of you or our company;
- when your information does not directly identify you;
- as otherwise legally permitted.
Security. We take reasonable measures to protect your privacy. We employ technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of any personal data we collect. When you provide us with your credit card number, we encrypt the transmission. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to safeguard your personal data, no system or network can guarantee complete security. If you do not want to take the risk of having your information lost, misused, improperly accessed, or disclosed, you should not provide us with your information.
Your choices and opting out. For special programs and communications, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in. If you do not wish to opt-in, please do not participate in those programs or communications and do not supply your personal information.
You may be able to reject cookies, web beacons, entity tags, and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. If you want to learn the correct way to modify these settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
You can ask us to access, correct, or remove your information, or withdraw any previously given consent or opt-in, from our databases by sending us an email to that effect to one of the contact points below. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we may delete, destroy, or permanently de-identify it.
Links. Links in our website to other websites are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for privacy conditions or policies on other websites. Please check those websites for their privacy policies.
Children. We do not target information from children under the age of 13. Please do not allow children to provide any information. If you believe we may have collected information about your child without your permission, please contact us at the email below.
Sharing data internationally. For European Economic Area (“EEA”) residents, your personal data may only be processed when it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
- necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation;
- necessary to serve our legitimate business interests or a third party, where such use is consistent with the fundamental rights of individuals under European law;
- subject to valid consent you have freely provided and not withdrawn.
In addition to your rights discussed above, you also have the right to:
- request whether your data is being used by us;
- object to or restrict our use of your personal data;
- have your personal data transferred from us to another party;
- not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling based on your personal data;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We will process and store your personal data for as long as our relationship with you continues or as necessary to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations. We will delete your data when:
- it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected and processed it;
- you request or object to us maintaining your information, so long as we are not otherwise legally required to retain it;
- when necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- if you withdraw your previously given consent to collect your information.
Your personal data may be shared from the US to companies outside of the US or vice versa. We take additional safeguards to help ensure that this cross-border data processing is protected. This may include using the Model Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission to secure personal data or contracting with companies who are certified as compliant under the European Union-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks. More information about these safeguards are available online or you may contact us at the email address below.
Updated May 16, 2019